All of us, men and women alike, are exposed to the same natural elements, as well as to the almost the same environmental damages. Everyone may be affected by pollutants. We all get exposed to the harmful UV rays of the sun. Most get exposed to unsafe chemicals that may be present in products that touches our skin or those that we eat or drink. Most also suffer from skin problems like wrinkles, pigmented skin, lines, sagging skin, age spots, dry skin, and so on, just like women do. And that is the reason why men also need the same benefits that a lotion or body moisturizer for men can provide. Even then, as a man’s hormone differs from that of a woman, a man experiences different skin problems as those that may be encountered by those in the opposite sex.
Men’s Skin Health
Most men have oily, thicker skin since they shave almost every day. That is the reason why men experience inflamed and irritated skin. If you are one of those who suffer from any of these skin problems, it is essential that you use a lotion that will help heal, repair and rejuvenate your skin.
It was not the case for so long, however. Years ago, those who are seen using any skin products are considered not normal. But as the times change, man’s perception of beauty also evolved. Today, you will also see men going to the salon or applying skin products that were once only used by women. More and more men today are even more concerned about how they look than just about how they project confidence. As a result, the world sees an increasing demand for skin care products that are specifically intended for men’s use, including moisturizers and body lotion for men.
Ingredients to Look for in Body Moisturizers for Men
Not everyone is aware of what the skin needs when it comes to products intended to heal or protect the skin from known irritants, however. And as there are so many options available, there is a possibility that you may just pick a skin product that is most accessible to you. Note, however, that not every skin product may offer the same benefit to you. Your skin type may also require a different protection than others who may already be using the product that you see in the stores that you frequent.
If you are looking for the best body moisturizer for men, it is essential that you know the basics about skin lotions and moisturizers that are commercially available. Fact is NOT all of these skin products may be actually be beneficial to you. There may be certain chemicals present it these formulations that may pose to be unsafe for your skin.
To ensure that you give only the best protection for your skin, the first thing that you will ever need to do when looking for a skin product to buy is to check the label.
Hazardous Chemicals That May Be Present in Your Lotion or Skin Moisturizers
- Parabens. Parabens are used as preservatives in similar products. They may also be indicated in product labels as any of the following: methylparaben, butylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, ethylparaben. These ingredients are known to be associated to breast cancer, so you need to make sure that the product that you will buy does not contain these unsafe ingredients.
- Diethanolamine (DEA) and related compounds, such as Monoethanolamides or MEA and Triethanolamine or TEA. These ingredients are also known carcinogenic and may cause a mild to moderate eye and skin irritation.
- BHA (butylated hydroxyanisole) and BHT (butylated hydroxytoluene). Just like the first two compounds, these two chemicals are known to interfere in hormonal functions and are carcinogenic.
- Synthetic fragrances and Parfum. These mixtures of chemicals are said to trigger allergies and also asthma. Some have already been linked to cancer and neurotoxicity. There are also those ingredients that are considered to be harmful to wildlife.
Ingredients to Look for in Moisturizers for Men
When it comes to some of the favorable ingredients that you need to look for on skin product labels, the following should come to mind:
- Olivem 800. This is an emulsifier that comes from natural olive oil and helps moisturize and hydrate the skin.
- D-Panthenol or Vitamin B5. These natural ingredients help repair skin tissue and also act as a natural moisturizer.
- Natural oils like grapeseed oil and Jojoba oil. These ingredients are effective in moisturizing the skin and in combating signs of aging.
So if you are looking for a skin product, consider all these ingredients and also make sure the ingredients found in the product label suits your skin type as well.