To be considered a man, you just have to do what a man just got to do. It does not have to be anything grand. Just something that could set you apart from what other may call the whinnies or the wimps. Consider growing a beard to do the trick. Whether you go hairless or just pair it with a hair cut that matches your cleanly shaped beard, mustache or what have you, you can easily command another’s attention. If you do, make sure that you keep the best beard care products handy, however.
If you already are a part of the club or have just finally decided to start to grow some facial hair, you will need more than just the determination to keep your stubbles sprouting just here you just want them to stay and not be growing anywhere else that will make you look like a mess instead of one with zest.
It does not matter if you want to keep only a mustache, a stubble or would rather grow a full beard. In any stage of your facial hair growth, you will need the right tools to make beard maintenance an easy task.
You cannot just use products that are intended for your hair. Just like the hair on your head, your facial hairs have specific requirements. If you don’t want to look like a thug or an outlaw, you need to make sure that your facial hair is remains properly groomed all of the time.
With so many options available, choosing the right products for your needs will take a lot of effort to accomplish.
Just to make your search a lot lighter, we have come up with a list of the beard care products that you will need to make sure that your beard will help you stand out from the crowd.
Beard Care Products
- Beard Oil. Applying some beard oil first thing in the morning or after a shower or a routine face cleaning, can help soften the facial hair as well as the skin under it. It also helps tame and detangle the facial hair, which makes it a lot easier to style your beard as you’d like to.
- Beard Balm. Just like the Beard Oil, the Beard Balm is an essential beard grooming product. As balm takes a while to be absorbed through the skin or the shafts of the hair, it gives longer-lasting moisture and shine to the beard. If you are sporting a medium to a long beard, this will be a better option than a beard oil. Applying some beard balm can also help provide low hold and to your mustache or sideburn, so you can style it as you please.
- Beard Wax. Beard Wax is made to have a thicker consistency than both the beard oil and beard balm, hence it can provide an excellent hold for your beard. This product works best for longer beard and will not only act as an excellent styling agent, but it will also help hydrate, nourish and moisturize your facial hair.
- Beard Wash. The hair on your face requires a different kind of care than those hairs on your head. Hence, you will need a different cleansing agent for your beard that will help get rid dirt residue on your beard without drying or damaging your facial hair. Even if the beard wash is made to be gentler than regular shampoos, it does not mean that you can use it a frequent as you would like as this can also strip the natural oil from your facial hair. It is recommended for two to three times a week.
- Beard Conditioner. Just like a hair conditioner, the beard conditioner helps improve the condition of the beard by making it soft, shiny, and healthy. It is a washable form of treatment formulated for the facial hair.
- Comb. Combing your beard once everyday can help detangle strands of your facial hair, uncurl them, and keep them from developing under the skin. This can also keep your hairline clean and strands of your facial hair away from your mouth.
- Scissors. When you want a more precise cut of your beard, you will need a pair of beard scissors to do the job. You can easily sniff off uneven patches on your face with a pair of scissors than with a trimmer or a razor.
- Trimmers. Trimmers are intended to keep the length of your facial hair just right. It cannot get as close to the skin, however. For a closer shave, you will need a shaver or a razor.
- Electric Razor. For a clean, down to the skin shave, use an electric razor or shaver.
There are several brands that offer a kit that contains all or most of these things that will help you keep your beard in style. You may also consider buying each of the items so you won’t be constrained with what the brand has to offer. Everyone has a different say about a specific product anyway. It is best that you find reviews online about the specific brand or brands that you are considering before you actually buy their products. It can save you the frustration later on.
Some of these brands are as follows: Seven Potions, Beardsley, Zeus De Luxe, and Mountaineer Brand. A quick search will give you several lists of the best brands available in the market today.